Wild Paws Agility respects your privacy and is committed to treating any information that we obtain about you with as much care as possible and in a manner compliant with all applicable data protection legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws (collectively “Data Protection Legislation”).
This document is our data promise to you. Please read it carefully. Among other things, it explains:
- what personal data we may collect about you in connection with: (i) providing you with our goods and services; (ii) your online interaction with us (including via our Website, email or social media channels); (iii) our in-person interactions with you and (iv) any other related or ancillary channels (collectively, the “Channels“);
- how we collect, store, disclose, transfer, protect and otherwise process that information and for what purposes; and
- other important information, such as the lawful bases by which we process your personal data, how long we might retain your personal data, and the rights you have in relation to personal data we hold about you.
The Personal Data We Process
We collect personal data about you through the Channels when you:
- access and use our Website (including by way of cookies) and via a form you complete on our Website;
- purchase goods or services, subscribe for other services or special events;
- contact us directly on Facebook messenger;
- request technical support or other customer care support;
- contact us (whether in writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise);
- post content on our social media pages; or
- otherwise interact with us through the Channels.
If you leave comments on the Website, we collect the data shown in the comments form and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The type of personal data we process may include:
- your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information provided by you;
- Payment (such as debit/credit card/direct debit) information you use to pay for goods or services is processed only to the extent, and for the duration, necessary to enable our third-party payment processors to process the relevant payment. No such payment information is retained or stored by us.
The Lawful Basis by which We Process your Personal Data
Other lawful grounds – Wild Paws Agility may also process your personal data in any circumstances where such processing is necessary:
- in order to perform any agreement between us (including pursuant to our Website Terms and Conditions);
- to comply with any applicable law or regulation; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or third parties. These legitimate interests include the purposes identified above but also include other general commercial interests and our internal administrative purposes.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- email service providers, Word Press, Mailchimp
- web analytics services such as Google analytics;
- professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts in particular,
- integration platform providers;
- address verification services;
- other third parties approved by you, such as social media sites; and
We seek to ensure that any third party engaged by us who processes your personal data has policies and procedures in place to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Legislation. Unless otherwise disclosed to you from time to time, we will remain the data controller in respect of your personal data despite the fact that third parties may be engaged as data processors.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
As a maximum, we will store your data for 6 months from the last active response but in most cases, we will retain certain of your personal data for only as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration factors such as:
- our need to perform any agreements between you and us;
- our need to answer any queries or resolve any problems you may have;
- your continued consent to receive marketing and other emails and communications from us (if any);
- our continued provision of our services to you; and
- our need to comply with legal requirements (e.g. relating to record keeping).
If you tell us that you would like to delete your account, we will take steps to delete all the personal data we hold about you once it is no longer necessary for us to hold it (e.g. to fulfil any outstanding orders, resolve disputes, or as is permitted by law or regulation).
How We Protect Your Personal Data
For as long as we do store your personal data, we will follow generally accepted industry standards and maintain reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. Wild Paws Agility has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Personal data collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We maintain information behind a firewall-protected server.
Notwithstanding our efforts to keep your personal data secure, no system can be 100% reliable. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any personal data you provide through the Channels. In addition, you are responsible for maintaining the strength and confidentiality of your login credentials.
We will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable if we have reason to believe that there has been a personal data breach by us (or your personal data held by us) which could adversely affect your rights and freedoms.
Links to Third Party Sites
If you access such third-party websites, please ensure that you are satisfied with their respective privacy policies before you provide them with any personal data. We cannot be held responsible for the activities, privacy policies or levels of privacy compliance of any website operated by any third party.
Articles on this site may also include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
What Rights You Have Over Your Personal Data
If you have an account on this Website, you can request the following:
- the right to receive an exported file of your personal data held by us;
- the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by us;
- the right to request that we erase the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation;
- the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data by us; and
- the right to complain.
You also have the right to unsubscribe from marketing and other promotional materials/emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email and/or emailing us at email@example.com.
Questions and Complaints
For all questions or complaints about this policy, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant data protection authority. Please contact us in the first instance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk)
If you leave a comment on our Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this Website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
The information below explains the cookies we may use and why.
To find out more about cookies including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Forms Authentication Cookies
The Forms Authentication Cookie is used to determine if a user is authenticated.
Forms authentication uses an encrypted authentication ticket that is created when a user logs on to a site and then it tracks the user throughout the site.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site and the pages they visited.
They allow us to get to know how you use our website. They are used to analyse visitor information such as usage, visitor numbers and help us see how effective our advertising is and to understand what you like.
We also use this information to help improve our website, make our marketing more relevant and improve the user experience.
These cookies allow you to use the basic functionality of our website. For example, browsing our goods and services and promotions and checking your account information.
They allow us to provide additional functionalities to the website and will retain some settings information.
Whilst not essential for the functionality of our site, they do enable extra features that should improve your experience